If you are more interested in the promise of legit surveys that you will qualify for every time than the promise of huge bucks and hundreds of available surveys, Pinecone Research is a great option for you. Pinecone Research is one of the most reputable companies offering online surveys for money and provides quick, easy and consistent opportunities to provide your feedback to brands. Pinecone is a very low time investment way to make a few dollars at a time, but can add up to some decent side income over the long haul. It won’t be the only way that you can make money online with surveys, but using Pinecone alongside other sites makes a lot of sense.
What is Pinecone Research?
Pinecone Research is an online survey company that is owned by Nielsen (you know them from the TV and consumer ratings). They are one of the most trusted leaders in the paid survey space and offer you the ability to take brief surveys providing feedback to brands on products, packaging, marketing and your own purchasing habits.
How does Pinecone Research work?
Pinecone Research works with brands who pay them to field surveys with consumers like you and me. Pinecone then goes out and gathers feedback and tests new product concepts, then provides that information back to the brands so they can make decisions that will help their business. Survey respondents are paid for each survey that they complete.
How does Pinecone Research pay you?
For each survey you complete, you will receive 300 points, which is the equivalent of $3.00. You will accumulate points in your account, which you can later redeem for gift cards, including Visa gift cards that are just like cash.
How much money can you make from Pinecone Research?
Pinecone Research doesn’t offer as many surveys to each individual user as you would get through a competitor like iPoll or Swagbucks, but the nice thing is that you automatically qualify for their surveys, so you won’t be wasting time filling out questions, then getting disqualified. How often you are able to take surveys will depend on your own profile and what Pinecone’s customers are looking for, but you can typically expect 1-4 surveys per week to fill out. Each survey pays $3.00 and you can receive bonus payments of $3.00 for connecting your Amazon account and allowing Pinecone to see your purchase behavior. Overall, for the average Pinecone Research user, you can expect to make between $15.00-$50.00 per month.
Pros and Cons of Pinecone Research
- No disqualifications
- Surveys are emailed directly to you so you can login when a survey is available and don’t have to check back
- Fairly consistent survey opportunities
- Consistent payment per survey ($3.00) so you know what to expect
- Standard length of surveys (typically 5-15 minutes depending on your own speed in responding
- Redeemable for gift cards, including Prepaid Visa gift cards as well as cash through Paypal or a check
- You get to see products before they come to the market
- Fewer surveys available than many competitors
- It takes a little while for your account to be credited after taking a survey (24-48 hours)
- Easier to take surveys on desktop than on mobile devices
- Sometimes, registration for the site is closed if they are not looking for more people on their panel
How to join Pinecone Research
You can join Pinecone Research only by clicking through on a link from a banner or another website. They do not have a sign up link on their website. You can join now by visiting the link below and providing some simple information.