If you want to achieve financial independence, the formula is simple. Maximize the gap between what you earn and what you spend.
Yes, it’s great to cut as many costs as you can and find clever ways to save money. But you can only save so much. You can make literally ANY amount of money.
By creating multiple streams of income to bolster your annual earnings, you can create a much larger gap between your expenses and your income. Using side gigs, online businesses, peer-to-peer marketplaces, real estate and good old fashioned hustling, it’s easy to start today and earn money to supplement your salary. I’ve broken down posts from our blog into categories so you can quickly find new ideas for making money.
To prove I’m not making this stuff up, I wrote a page with all of the ways that I have personally made money (outside of a full-time job).
The good, bad and ugly:
Latest Blog Posts About Making Money
- The Best Apps that Pay You to WalkWhich apps are the best for getting paid to walk? How much can you make?
- The best referral programs to make moneyEasy and high paying referral programs that give you cash, credit and gift cards for referring friends.
- The Ultimate Guide to Making Money with SwagbucksTips, Tricks, Hacks, and a guide to making money fast on Swagbucks.
- I quit buying Bitcoin and started mining cryptocurrenciesHow I ended up building three computers that mine cryptocurrencies 24/7.
- Unique ways for kids to make moneyForget the paper route. Here are a couple dozen ways for kids to make money.
- The 4 best online survey sitesIf you want to make money taking surveys online, you need to know about these four sites.
- A Superhost signs off: the end of my Airbnb hostingAfter almost three years as an Airbnb host, we've sold the house and we're moving on.
- 15 ways to make extra money fast this weekend15 easy ways to make some extra cash this weekend.
Making money through the sharing economy
Turning liabilities and expenses into income-producing assets is one of my favorite wealth building tricks. I’ve done this in a few ways. The sharing economy allows you to turn your vehicle, house and extra time into cash. If you are interested in learning more about how to rent your car to other people, how to become an Airbnb host, or how to make money driving for Lyft or Uber, check out posts on making money from the sharing economy:
Making money online
I can’t think of a better way to increase your income than by working from home or anywhere that you please. This is especially true when you start creating passive income streams online. Here are all of the articles, tips, tricks and hacks that we’ve written about when it comes to making money online and with apps:
I can’t think of a more attractive way to increase your income than working from anywhere you choose. This is especially true if you can create passive streams of income. The best way that I’ve found to do that is by making money online. Here are articles that we’ve written about different ways to make money online and through apps: